Tim was previously employed as Associate in charge of the business and corporate team at a large Newcastle law firm where he concentrated on commercial transaction work and commercial litigation. Tim regularly advises business and corporate clients and their financial and accounting advisors on:
- • All manner of supply contracts in the building and mining sectors
- • The acquisition and disposal of ‘going concern’ businesses or interests in vehicles used to own or operate businesses
- • Corporations advice and business structuring
- • Distribution and agency arrangements
- • Franchising
- • Commercial property and general asset leasing
- • Tendering
- • Commercial lending (and security)
Tim further assists clients in making certain they have adequate tools in place to ensure their dealings with customers and suppliers do not expose them to undue business risk. This includes advising on and preparing credit application forms, general terms of trade, director’s guarantees and providing advice on general commercial debt recovery methods. Tim prides himself on providing accurate, relevant, timely, and above all, practical advice to his clients.Tim is a Director on the Board of NUSport, an incorporated body of the University of Newcastle which is responsible for the development of sport and fitness through services, facilities and activities, along with being a member of their Finance and Infrastructure Committees.
When not in the office, Tim loves spending time with his family, being outside and being active. Tim is a keen dirt bike rider and four wheel driver, and enjoys the bush and camping.