Osborn Law brings a fresh approach to providing legal services to Newcastle and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on providing practical legal solutions to our clients with timely, sound, cost effective and straight forward legal advice.
Our team, led by principals Tim Osborn, Christie Howson and Marissa Dimarco, have a wealth of experience across a range of focus areas including commercial, corporate, employment and property law making Osborn Law deliberately and well placed to offer complete legal services to individuals and businesses, large and small.
We build strong long standing relationships with our clients and share the responsibility of achieving their goals, rather than pointing out stumbling blocks in the way of those goals.
We have a strong community focus and commitment and ensure we support and continually contribute to the communities in which we live.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Structuring
- Purchase/supply contracts (goods and/or services)
- General commercial contract drafting, advice and negotiation
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets (going concern businesses, plant and equipment, shares, units and real property)
- Finance and security documentation
- Competition law
- Liquor Licensing including new applications, transfers/variations, compliance issues
- Acquisition and disposal of residential and commercial property
- Commercial leasing
- Property development and planning
- Drafting employment contracts and enterprise agreements
- Advising and acting on unfair dismissal claims
- Advising on compliance with workplace laws including the Fair Work Act 2009 and Modern Awards
- Advising employers how to deal with workplace issues including disciplining problem employees, redundancies, harassment and bullying complaints.
Litigation and Debt Recovery
- Drafting and responding to letters of demand (including drafting letters of demand without charge for our existing clients)
- Commercial proceedings in the Supreme Court of NSW, District and Local Courts and the Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal.
- Defending legal action commenced against you or your business.
- Criminal law
- Alternative dispute resolution – assisting clients to resolve disputes prior to having to resort to court litigation
Estate Planning / Wills and Probate
- Estate Planning
- Applications for Probate and Letters of Administration
- Powers of Attorney
- Appointment of Enduring Guardian