SENIOR ASSOCIATE – PROPERTY & EMPLOYMENT
Alison Garland has over 17 years’ experience within the legal industry and works with clients in a range of industries.
Alison has previously worked for a National based property and commercial law firm within the commercial and property division. This role involved property work for a large government agency, residential and commercial conveyancing and commercial and retail lease work. Alison also has experience representing two large Newcastle based Building Societies as well as National Lenders.
Alison’s property law expertise includes:
- Large residential Torrens title subdivisions for sale and sale/leaseback transactions, including drafting and negotiation of Contracts for off the plan developments;
- Residential and Commercial Strata title subdivisions for sale, including drafting and negotiation of Contracts for both established and off the plan developments;
- Advising and negotiating off the plan Contracts for residential and strata developments;
- Providing advice to developers regarding proposed, Torrens title, Strata title and Community title subdivision of land in consultation with surveyors and planners;
- Advising and negotiation of rural contracts for large commercial clients involving, mining licences, forestry agreements and access agreements.
- Advising on planning and surveying issues and disputes in consultation with planners and surveyors;
- Advising and negotiating Deeds relating to Grants of Easements;
- Advising and negotiating Deeds relating to resumption of property by government authorities including but not limited to RMS and the Minister for Education;
- Drafting and negotiating Contracts for Water Access Licences and water trading;
- Drafting and negotiation of Option Deeds and on sale Agreements involving large scale developments;
- Residential and commercial conveyancing;
- Retail, commercial and residential leasing;
- Corporate and commercial transactions including large scale commercial properties;
- Retail and business banking Mortgage transactions including preparation of loan contracts, guarantees and associated documents; and
- Providing advice in relation to guarantee documents and loan documents
Alison works hard for the best outcomes for her clients with an emphasis on being accessible and delivering practical, sound and prompt solutions. Alison prides herself on getting to know her clients needs and ensuring that she goes the extra mile to achieve the desired outcome.
When not in the office Alison enjoys spending quality time with her family and friends.