SOLICITOR DIRECTOR – COMMERCIAL, CORPORATE, PROPERTY & LITIGATION
Marissa has over 18 years’ experience working in the legal profession practicing primarily in commercial and corporate law and property law. She joined Osborn Law in November 2015 after spending 6 years as Partner in a National Law firm running a Corporate/Commercial and Property Law practice in their Newcastle office.
Marissa has worked with a number of clients across many specialised industries including construction, mining and manufacturing. Marissa regularly acts for a number of mining support businesses.
She regularly advises her clients in relation to the following:
- Preparation of commercial agreements in relation to operational aspects of mining including mining infrastructure, rail access agreements, new project approvals, land acquisition and access agreements with landowners for access to land for mining.
- Corporate Governance
- Supply Agreements
- Business Sales and Share Sale Agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business structuring
- Subcontracts Agreements including back to back agreements reflecting provisions of head contracts
- Water trading under the Water Management Act 2000 and Water Act 1912.
- Advice re amendments to general contract conditions and Australian Standards
- Distribution and agency arrangements
- Commercial property and general asset leasing including retail leasing
- Land subdivisions, strata developments, community title developments
- Easements and compulsory land acquisitions
- Aged Care/Retirement Villages advice
Marissa also has expertise working for a number of not for profit and charity organisations in relation to their corporate and commercial and property law requirements.
In addition, Marissa has extensive litigation and dispute resolution experience appearing in all court jurisdictions including the High Court of Australia. She has also appeared in a number of tribunals such as the Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal.
This diverse legal experience in niche areas of law allows Marissa to provide practical commercial solutions to complex legal problems. She prides herself on understanding her client’s business and working with her clients to achieve the desired outcomes for each project.
Marissa is a Notary Public and a former Director on the Harness Racing NSW board which is the body that conducts the commercial and regulatory functions of the harness racing industry in NSW.
Marissa was previously on the advisory board of Hunter Export Centre and was the winner of the 2009 Hunter Business Chamber’s ‘Young Achiever of the Year Award’.